Friday, January 4, 2013

"..Glad.."

Glad that I didn't let the words slip,
And didn't let it go from my tight grip.
Glad that I was holding on to it,
Stayed calm while waiting for the twist.
At times, I feel alone like the only cloud in a sunny day,
Too numb to react at the sky turning grey.
There's nothing that I expect,
And so much that I detest.
Glad that someone was my guide,
..Stood next to me even after looking at the dark side.
Glad to be able to breathe today,
'cause I didn't think that I could make it anyway.
Fooling around everyone with my disguise,
Juggling it between the truths and lies.
Waking up to sleep a little more,
'cause in havoc like this, it's the only cure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waking up to sleep a little more,

So true .. at times thats the only cure to distance from all this :) Glad to see the words staying afloat, and so is the hope :)

ʞɐ said...

Glad that I read this,
Those thoughts you mentioned
So rightly put, so rightly apt.
Glad am I, for I too can relate some.

Nice Work. :)
Keep Writing. :)

Ok, Fine. I suck. :P

Ashwin D said...

What a beautiful poem! Loved it! :)

Sri Valli said...

Beautifully penned poem Shriti :)